Event are entry points for the flow. They can only be created using the "Create Event" button.
Events received from API calls can also contain custom data that will be inserted in the user's session. Events can either start a new conversation or interrupt an existing conversation. For example inside a conversation we can use a service to launch an UiPath job. When the job is finished it will trigger an UiPath event passing it the result data. By connecting a message to the UiPath event we can display the results of the job in the ongoing conversation.
The Event types supported at the moment are:
- Start - triggered when the user opens the chat or calls the virtual agent
- REST - triggered via API called by the business logic server
- UiPath - triggered by a UiPath component
- Consecutive error number exceeded - triggered when the agent passes a predefined number of consecutive unrecognized intents from the user input
- Time - triggered at a certain date and time; also supports recurring events
- Time from start - triggered after an interval from the first user interaction (e.g. one day after the first interaction); also supports recurring events and setting an hour of day
- Inactivity - triggered after an interval from the last user interaction (e.g. one day after the first interaction); also supports recurring events and setting an hour of day
- Call Finished -triggered when a sip call was finished